These top 5 tabs are our current high priority projects. Click to open details.
Big Day of Giving (aka BDOG) is the next fundraising event currently in the planning stage for the Natomas Garden & Arts Club. The BDOG Committee meets on Wednesdays at 3pm (via Zoom) click here for access. All are welcome to drop into this meeting to help the NGAC create a compelling and effective campaign. Amie Tokuhama is the Chairperson.
- MONTHLY MEETINGS: (Since 2017) NGAC holds an ‘open to the public’ meeting on the 4th Thursday each month to inform and inspire participation in our projects and activities. Since the pandemic, the NGAC shifted meetings to a Zoom format. Join the mailing list to get meeting link each month. Previous meeting presentations available here.
- INSPIRATION STATION: Open to all creatives… a monthly zoom opportunity to paint, draw, knit, write, chat. You bring your project, NGAC brings the connection. Hosted by Amie Tokuhama. 11am Saturday mornings
ON GOING 2021
- CAN YOU DIG IT?: The NGAC is looking for a new gardening Guru. Share your gardening adventures, show us what’s growing on in your garden. Need a little encouragement? Contact Teresa Lehane for details. COMING IN 2021??
- NINOS COMMUNITY GARDEN LANGUAGE OUTREACH PROGRAM: To increase community connections, the NGAC would like to provide translation services. Do you have language skills? Contact Amie Tokuhama 2022- 2023
- TOOL LIBRARY & RESOURCE BANK: This is one of the NGAC’s big dreams, to help homeowners in our community maintain equity through a lending tool and resource library thus protecting the value of one’s most important investment. 2022- 2023
- AFTER SCHOOL ARTS EDUCATION: We are currently working with the GreenHouseCenter.org and are open to expanding this volunteer opportunity. Contact Amie Tokuhama ON GOING
- IN SCHOOL POLLINATOR EDUCATION: This group works with the SHINE Grant Committee. Also currently working with the Garden Valley Elementary (TRUSD). Looking to expand into NUSD. Contact Amie Tokuhama ON GOING 2021
- POLLINATOR PROTECTION: The NGAC is continuing its work withe the Xerces Society to craft an application for a SMUD Shine Grant.We need educators, contractors and butterfly lovers to help us develop a pollinator garden on the Ninos Parkway! Amie Tokuhama MAY JUN 2021-2022
- GIVING TUESDAY 2021 (Tuesday, November 30, 2021) The NGAC goal of this campaign is to raise awareness and support for our Club’s projects, engage members of our community and generate funds necessary to continue the ongoing work. This fundraising campaign is continuous, as is the NGAC work to bring a permanent Garden & Arts Center to South Natomas. Donations can be made here.
- GRANT RESEARCH & WRITING: The NGAC is actively seeking to expand our funding sources. Have some ideas? Contact Amie Tokuhama ON GOING 2021