Can You Dig It?
The NGAC has a new gardening Guru, Dr. Bruce Ritter of the Sacramento Botanical Gardens organization. Share your gardening adventures, show us what’s growing on in your garden. Ask questions, get answers! Last Saturday of each month @9am via zoom. Link: Can You DIG it?
This ambitious garden project is in partnership with the Xerces Society. Plans are in the works for the development of a miles long pollinator garden to be planted in the areas along each side of the paved Ninos Parkway. Join the Pollinator Garden Clean Up SUNDAYS this Spring & Summer! Learn more about the Pollinator Garden by emailing Angela Laws.
1591 ART Installation
CURRENTLY INSTALLED! Available for public view until August 2021.
The Natomas Garden & Arts Club has a vision of transforming the vacant former Natomas Fire Station #15 building at 1591 Newborough Drive into a permanent Garden Center & Arts Gallery. The NGAC is leading the effort to improve the aesthetic quality of the necessary security measures on 1591 Newborough with artworks created by local artists. Meet the artists!
BIG DAY OF GIVING
Big Day of Giving (aka BDOG) was May 6th and an unqualified SUCCESS! Over $11,000. donated from friends, neighbors and generous local business owners.
THANK YOU! to all of our loyal supporters
The NGAC welcomes your help, suggestions and support. We have plenty of activities… just choose a project and get involved!
- MONTHLY MEETINGS: (Since 2017) NGAC holds an ‘open to the public’ meeting on the 4th Thursday each month to inform and inspire participation in our projects and activities. Since the pandemic, the NGAC shifted meetings to a Zoom format. Join the mailing list to get meeting link each month. Previous meeting presentations available here.
- INSPIRATION STATION: Open to all creatives… a bi-monthly zoom opportunity to paint, draw, knit, write, chat. You bring your project, NGAC brings the connection. Hosted by Amie Tokuhama. 11am Saturday mornings ON GOING 2021
- CAN YOU DIG IT?: The NGAC has a new gardening Guru, Dr. Bruce Ritter of the Sacramento Botanical Gardens organization. Share your gardening adventures, show us what’s growing on in your garden. Ask questions, get answers! Last Saturday of the month. ON GOING 2021
- NINOS COMMUNITY GARDEN LANGUAGE OUTREACH PROGRAM: To increase community connections, the NGAC would like to provide translation services. Do you have language skills? Contact Amie Tokuhama 2022- 2023
- TOOL LIBRARY & RESOURCE BANK: This is one of the NGAC’s big dreams, to help homeowners in our community maintain equity through a lending tool and resource library thus protecting the value of one’s most important investment. 2022- 2023
- IN SCHOOL POLLINATOR EDUCATION: This group works with the SHINE Grant Committee. Also currently working with the Garden Valley Elementary (TRUSD). Looking to expand into NUSD. Contact Amie Tokuhama ON GOING 2021
- POLLINATOR PROTECTION: The NGAC is continuing its work withe the Xerces Society to craft an application for a SMUD Shine Grant. We need educators, contractors and butterfly lovers to help us develop a pollinator garden on the Ninos Parkway! Amie Tokuhama MAY JUN 2021-2022
- GIVING TUESDAY 2020 (Tuesday, December 1, 2020) This initial fundraising campaign garnered awareness and support for our Club’s projects, engaged members of our community and generated funds necessary to continue the NGAC’s ongoing projects.
- BIG DAY of GIVING 2021 (Thursday, May 6, 2021) The BDOG campaign successfully met its financial goal of $10,000.00 and strengthened connections between the NGAC and other non-profit organizations.
- GRANT RESEARCH & WRITING: The NGAC is planning to submit a project proposal to the SMUD Shine Grant in June. Contact Amie Tokuhama ON GOING 2021